ESAB EUROPE XPANSE VIRTUAL WELDING AND CUTTING EVENT FEATURES 50+ PRODUCTS, EXPERT ACCESS AND EDUCATIONAL CLASSES
6 april 2021
Worldwide welding and cutting leader ESAB has announced that from 27 to 29 April 2021 it will hold ESAB Europe Xpanse, a virtual event that will showcase the industry’s broadest line-up of new welding and cutting systems, filler metals and related technologies. By visiting www.esabxpanse.com, visitors can tour a virtual exhibition stand, chat live with product and process experts, watch videos on products from our influencers, participate in ESAB University online classes, and take a walk through our hall of history. Materials for the event will be available in English, French, German, Italian, Spanish and Polish.
“ESAB Europe Xpanse is the antidote to the typical Teams meeting or Zoom call,” says Cheron Robinson, Regional MARCOM Manager Europe. “We are taking the concept of a virtual trade show to a new level and will provide an industry-first-of-its-kind immersive experience to introduce dozens of new welding and cutting products. Until we can gather in person, there will be no other event to rival the resources available at ESAB Europe Xpanse.”
A Virtual Stand
ESAB Europe Xpanse mimics the company’s real-world trade show stand, which features different product and technology centres to explore. Visitors can tour the stand with their mouse and keyboard, use an overhead map view to visit specific areas or take a guided tour based on preference. Because in-person gatherings are not an option, ESAB has created more than 50 videos featuring its product and technology experts. During show hours, from 9 a.m. – 8 p.m. CET, the Xpanse stand is staffed with experts to answer questions via a built-in chat function.
To learn more about a product, visitors can download product fact sheets, brochures and watch influencer videos. Additional content is available in a carousel-style photo album, offering a multitude of product photos, such as the operator interface, accessories and other key product features.
The virtual event also features ESAB University, ESAB’s extremely popular dedicated learning area in its real-world trade show stands. The complete calendar of events is available at www.esabxpanse.com.
“Courses will be made available to stream immediately after they premiere,” says Robinson. “All the ESAB University classes will be staffed with live personnel to answer questions in real-time, encourage feedback and create community with our participants. By connecting our people, processes and technology, we aim to show visitors how they can shape the future of their business with ESAB as their partner.”
Featured Product Areas
ESAB will highlight the following product areas, and much more, during ESAB Europe Xpanse:
- Cutting Automation: ESAB will showcase a variety of cutting automation solutions, such as the new Hydrocut™ HDX large-gantry waterjet cutting system and Auto Drill 30 fully automated drilling system.
- Heavy Industrial Systems: For productivity, reliability and energy-efficient operation in the most demanding applications, ESAB has introduced the Warrior® 750i CC/CV power source (750 amps at 100 percent duty cycle), Aristo® 500ix CC/CV pulsing power source and Fabricator EM 401i, 401iw and EM 501iw inverters.
- Wire Feeders: The new Robust Feed Pulse and Robust Feed U6 wire feeders offer the industry’s only IP44 “rain proof” rating, provide unmatched durability and provide shop-level performance and control in a durable and highly portable package.
- Torches: Recently introduced torches include the gas-cooled MXH 315PP and water-cooled MXH 420W PP push-pull systems created for Robust Feed Pulse and Aristo Feed 3004 wire feeders.
- Portable MMA and TIG Inverters: Rogue is a news series of compact and lightweight (less than 10 kg) MMA/TIG inverters that will cause users to re-think their perception of power, arc performance, control functions and price.
- Manual Plasma Cutters: The ESAB Cutmaster® 40 manual plasma cutting system offers a rated output of 40 amps at 35 percent duty-cycle and an outstanding power-to-weight ratio. For an advanced LCD interface that simplifies set-up and operation, consider the HandyPlasma 35i and HandyPlasma 45i manual plasma machines.
- PPE: The Savage A40 Air with Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR) technology provides heavy duty protection from welding fume and particulates and features the radical styling and optical performance of the Sentinel A50.
- Filler Metals: ESAB New filler metals include Shield Bright NiCrMo3-T1, a 625-type electrode for manual and automatic flux cored wide-weave welding; a new series of B3 SC electrodes for SMAW, GTAW and SAW for 2.25% Cr 1% Mo alloyed steels, SA-387 Grade 22, A335 Grade P22 or similar materials; OK AristoRod 38 Zn wire to solve porosity and spatter issues in galvanised steel applications; OK Goldrox, a rutile MMA electrode that provides a stable arc that leaves almost no spatter; and Exaton filler metals for duplex, hyper duplex and super duplex stainless steels.
- Digital Solutions: ESAB’s updated suite of online data management and analytic application to improve productivity and uptime includes: WeldCloud Productivity for operation and production managers, WeldCloud Fleet for service and maintenance managers and WeldCloud Notes for quality control and documentation. A new WeldCloud Connect application and Zebra handheld smart device/scanner make using WeldCloud even easier.
- Continuous Tube and Pipe Welding: HKS Prozesstechnik, an ESAB brand, has introduced its ThermoProfilScanner (TPS) for non-destructive testing (NDT) solution. TPS utilises the seam’s thermal profile for weld flaw detection, documentation and traceability.
- Mechanised Welding: For automated movement of GMAW, FCAW or plasma torches, ESAB offers a full suite of compact battery-operated tractors, including the Miggytrac B501, which now features digital controls and a precision AC stepper motor.
At ESAB, we exist to shape the future of welding and cutting. We connect fabricators with the widest range of products under our industry-leading brand portfolio with the latest technologies to solve virtually any industry challenge — then we back it up with our knowledge, experience and passion to help them be more productive than ever before. To learn more about ESAB Europe Xpanse, visit